Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Spring Mantle 2011

I've been piddling in the living room, poor thing, it's been neglected since I've been doing the kitchen facelift. The mantle has been completely bare, so I've done a pre-spring mantle to get myself in the mood for what's going to happen after all this snow melts! At this time of year, all the Christmas is gone, but it's not Springtime yet, so I present the pre-spring mantlescape.

This is my first spring mantlescape since the fireplace facelift, if you'd like to see the transformation the fireplace underwent, click here.

I kept the mantlescape devoid of too much color, and I'm enjoying the simplicity of it right now. With the green/white/grey kick I found myself on in the kitchen, I just carried it into the living room. But I know myself, the warmer it gets, the more color I'll crave. That will just be another excuse to change up the mantle again. :)

Of course the craft and hobby stores have had spring flowers out for a while now, I found some little twiggy blossoms and a lilac looking flower in green. Pretty simple for right now, I added in some curly willow and called it done. You're done.

The flowers are the only thing I purchased, everything else I shopped the house for. The white vases I've had, the candleholders and my funky circle sculpture thingies....




I typically use candles in the non-working fireplace, but since I used a collection of votives on the mantle plus two big candles, I decided to put my grapevine spheres in instead. I found those at Target 2 or 3 years ago.



I love having the big round 40" mirror above the mantle, but for a change I've been considering doing a large canvas instead, maybe something for this summer. Surely, I can pull off some colorful abstract art! :)
We'll see how it goes...


For now though, it's green, cream and serene (and clean, yay! :).








Thank you so much for stopping by! I hope you are inspired to do a pre-spring mantlescape at your house!


If you would like to view the bazillion photos I've taken of this mantlescape, click here to see my photostream!








35 comments:

  1. It looks AWESOME and so calming. Thanks for the ideas. I was just thinking about how I was going to decorate when I take my Valentine's decor down. It's kind of difficult to decorate during the in-between.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pre Spring! Now that is a great concept. I don't like to 'do' spring like things either when it is still fully winter. But I think you have found a wonderful in between.
    Your mantel looks so fresh and full of promise.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a nice seasonal transition mantelscape, Michelle! We still have snow on the ground here, so I'm not yet ready for any of the Spring arrangements, but I like your pre-Spring ideas.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very lovely mantel. So calm and fresh!

    Happy Tuesday! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just love the reno you did on your fireplace and enjoy seeing how you are decorating it for each season...and even the "pre" seasons! This one is especially lovely, perfect for the transition from winter to spring! That mirror is gorgeous! I checked out your "bazillion" other pics on Flickr and enjoyed those too! Your house is beautiful (kitchen reno project well done!)

    DD

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the clean lines of this look, along with the pale colors of an early spring/late winter :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. It really looks fresh and crisp, ready for SPrING!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the mantel scape.. I am going to have to do something with mine.. thanks for inspiring us!

    ReplyDelete
  9. your mantel looks fabulous!! love the green and white. so fresh. i've been fiddling with mine and haven't decided on exactly what I want...but hopefully soon!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. THis is so beyond perfect, I need you to come decorate my entire place!! LOVE LOVE LOVE IT!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your room is just gorgeous! I love the sleek yet organic mantelscape and fireplace! Every little part I'm in love with! Fantastic sense of style you have!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow, this is really fantastic! Such a welcoming look!

    Robby
    http://downonsanford.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow Michelle!! I love your spring mantle makeover - you sure have a great eye for detail!! Do you mind sharing where you bought your mirror? I love it!! The circular shape of it and the round sculptures are so clean and contemporary. As for the abstract art - go for it!!

    I love your blog posts, projects, pics and writing style!!

    Please stop by my very very new blog sometime - I love to get feedback!!

    Heather

    ReplyDelete
  14. Everything looks gorgeous! I love your green and cream combo. So nice...

    Visiting from Jennifer's.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Beautiful fireplace,I love the transformation you've done to it. I wish we had a fireplace. It's so cozy. Thanks for sharing. 8>)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi Michelle-

    I love green, clean and serene!!! Love your room and blog - so glad I found your through Jennifer Rizzo. I love your style.

    My best- Diane

    ReplyDelete
  17. Your mantel looks amazing! I like the use of the tall vases. It looks so dramatic!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Gorgeous mantel! Very fresh and pretty! New to your blog, off to look around.

    Londen

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hi Michelle,
    Your mantle looks lovely and very Spring like.
    Hugs, Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hello Michelle, your Home it to die for, I absolutely love everything about it I am your newest follower. Have a great week.

    ~~Pattie~~

    ReplyDelete
  21. Wow!! Your fireplace is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Love that fireplace! I too went with the natural, serene look for spring. I love that you can add pops of color and still keep the same clean look! Very inspiring. Love the round mirror!

    ReplyDelete
  23. It looks gorgeous! So alive and fresh! Thank you for joining in on the party!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Love your fireplace. All of the looks are great. Please stop by my new blog and check it out. I hope you will join me.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Love the 40" round mirror - would you share where you got it?

    ReplyDelete
  26. Susie, I bought the mirror at Hobby Lobby...although it's been several years now, I bet you could find something comparable

    ReplyDelete
  27. I LOVE your living room!!!
    Where did you find your rug? I have been looking for one similar to yours!

    ReplyDelete
  28. Michelle, where did you find your circle sculpture things? I've been carrying this picture around as inspiration for my mantle! Almost got it except for the circles!

    ReplyDelete
  29. Michelle, I found the seagrass rug at Lowe's and it's held up great and affordable too.

    Amy, I found the circles at Target but it's been several years and I've never seen anything like them again (sorry!)

    ReplyDelete
  30. What is your hearth made of? So beautiful!

    ReplyDelete

Thank You for taking the time to comment! Because of the insane amount of spam comments, I had to stop anonymous comments-sorry for the inconvenience.
Michelle