Monday, December 5, 2011

Christmas Kitchen 2011

I was really excited about adding some touches of Christmas to the kitchen because it's the first Christmas since the Kitchen Facelift. Since I did the facelift at the beginning of this year, this is my first Christmas with the black and white cabs. I have really, really enjoyed the changes and adding merry touches have been really fun.

We are in the throws of hot chocolate season here in MO (it's even suppose to snow today!) so I set up a 'hot chocolate' bar. Honestly, this counter is typically our 'catch-all' counter, so I cleaned it off once and for all and vow to keep it clean. What better way to keep it clutter free than to fill it with all the makings of a fine cuppa hot chocolate. The kids really love it, and really, I love it too. About 12 dollars in supplies, and everything else I had on hand.










Looking in to the living room:





On the dining table, just a simple centerpiece with cylinder vases and cedar. I raised one up on a vintage milk glass pedestal and tied some fun stripped ribbon around the glass. You might remember the linen table runner I made for my Thanksgiving table. I really love the look of it for Christmas too, I think it adds a little elegance to an otherwise whimsical look.








Little Christmas touches on the other counter too, the green (leaf green from Krylon) I use all through the year looks nice with Christmas red.





Cute little musical snowman I received last year as a gift, so cute! His little gumdrops light up too! :)


I jazzed up the chalkboard door with a wreath and a merry Santa face, handcrafted felt poinsettias and gingerbread men.
If you have ever considered doing a chalkboard door, do it, we have really loved it.





The kitchen is not super big at all, the door leads to the garage and the laundry room is in the corner past the fridge. I'm hoping to give it a little facelift of it's own next month.





The centerpiece from the Yuletide Christmas tablescape found a home on top of the hutch. I wanted a little bit of greenery and that really did the job. With the super long branches, I was able to hang some paper stars. I hope to show you how to make the stars next week.






Looking in to the kitchen.




My little collection of Waterless Snow Globes are in the window sill, behind all that sunshine. :)






I recently made over an old painting into a chalk board, check out the 'before' HERE. I hung some paper punched and bottlecap garland over the corner and added a paper star. Logan is only tall enough to draw on the bottom, it's been a fun addition.






I hope you have enjoyed the little tour. Have questions? Just ask in the comments.

Joining Layla @ The Lettered Cottage











Need a design boost? For advice and guidance on style, contact me!

32 comments:

  1. Michelle, all your touches are just perfect! I am drawn to the simple, but gorgeous centerpiece on your kitchen table. The red ribbon and greens are just lovely and festive!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your kitchen is perfect.. Love the hot cocoa station... Let the Holidays begin....

    Pattie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Michelle,
    How beautiful and festive!
    Your kitchen turned out great!
    Dee Dee

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love it! Just perfect...not too much...not too little. Now I'm craving hot cocoa!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Everything looks great! Especially like the chalkboard and all the Santas! The brown paper stars are cool.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I just love your kitchen redo and al the black and white with the Christmas touches of red and green -- really well done!

    ReplyDelete
  7. over from Layla's party....love what you've done...I actually became your newest follower and I helped myself to pinning some of your spaces!

    Gorgeous home!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a beautiful kitchen! Loving those Christmas decors. Have a gorgeous day, Kellie xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love your Christmas decor, you house is so beautiful! Love your wall color to!
    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is perfect! It has just the right balance! I love the hot chocolate bar! I also saw an awesome mantel in the family room!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your blog is so beautiful!! We are in the process of researching cameras to buy and I was wondering what kind you use and also what lense. Thanks so much for any info you can share with me.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Gorgeous decor! Thanks for sharing, I'll be adding you to my blog roll :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Simple, elegant and very inviting. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Michelle, I would say it is definitely beginning to look a lot like Christmas around your house!! Merry Christmas

    ReplyDelete
  15. Where did you get that lovely "Noel" banner from?

    ReplyDelete
  16. And of course I love your home, just the right touch of festively decorated, homey and inviting!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Thank you all so much!

    Simply.Splendid.Living.,
    I made the Noel banner. I cut pennants out of burlap and painted each letter (with craft paint) then glued the pennants onto jute twine to get the garland effect. I debated on whether to go with Peace or Noel...but I think any word would be great.

    ReplyDelete
  18. love the apothecary jars and coffee cup display--speaks right to my heart!

    ReplyDelete
  19. So cheerful, I love it all so much that I just did a copycat of your hot chocolate bar! Your kitchen looks great!
    Cheers, Andrea

    ReplyDelete
  20. Your kitchen layout is the same as mine, so I'm looking forward to implementing some of the same ideas. I love the kitchen table runner. Can you share details of it. I wasn't sure if it's from a bolt of fabric or is specifically a table runner.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Thanks so much to everyone!

    Julie, I made an extra wide, frayed edge, ruffled (although it looks more pleated) runner out of extra fabric that I had from covering the chair seats with. It is linen from fabric.com the color is oatmeal.
    Hope that helps!

    ReplyDelete
  22. I am your newest follower and love your "small kitchen" coming from another small kitchen gal! Your Christmas ideas are great. Looking forward to following along

    ReplyDelete
  23. Michelle,

    I love all your Christmas decor!!! I love the door and the wreath is GORGEOUS!!

    Cheri from Its So Very Cheri

    ReplyDelete
  24. Very fun tour! You house has the perfect Christmas touch! I love it! I'm loving that chalkboard, too! Awesome size!!!

    I'm joining 8 bloggers in hosting Blogging Around the Christmas Tree Party and today’s feature is Christmas Scapes at my place! I’d love to have you join up, the party is just beginning!

    http://www.itsoverflowing.com/2011/12/christmas-blog-link-party-christmas.html

    XO, Aimee from ItsOverflowing.com

    ReplyDelete
  25. I love that the Christmas flair is still simple and clean. I also just added small Christmas touches to my already decorated house. It can become costly to redecorate the whole house for the holidays. VERY NICE WORK!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Hi Michelle, your home looks so beautiful and you have gone to a lot of trouble to make it look so cozy. Thanks so much for sharing. I have recently found your blog and am now following you, and will visit often. Please stop by my blog and perhaps you would like to follow me also. Have a wonderful day. Hugs, Chris
    http://chelencarter-retiredandlovingit.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  27. Hi Michelle! I featured your chalkboard door on my blog today! : ) Here's a link:

    http://www.chickabug.com/blog/2012/12/chalkboard-decor-christmas.html

    Thank you for the inspiration, your wreaths are just lovely!!

    Heather

    ReplyDelete

Thank You for taking the time to comment! Because of the insane amount of spam comments, I had to stop anonymous comments-sorry for the inconvenience.
Michelle