Monday, May 4, 2009

Recycled Tags

It's another fine day in the "Show Me State" and I wanted to show you how to recycle a store tag on this Met Monday!

Thank you Susan for hosting! Be sure to stop by the porch to see all the other great transformations!
I'm a green gal, although I've been recycling before it was trendy...you know what I mean? Isn't there a country song that says "I was country when country wasn't cool" That's what I feel like..."I was dumpster diving...I mean recycling before it was cool" :)
I like to give certain items a second glance before I throw them in the trash. What can I do with this? It's pretty much my motto, one of them, anyway...

This project is not new, many people have done this trick before and here's my rendition......

All store products and clothing have tags, this particular one is from Target, it's pretty nice, I love the color and composition...what can I do? Well, I decided that I would try to keep as much as the color and leaf pattern ( because I love a good leaf) as I could....what am I going to do with the logos?
I decided to round the corners, ink the edges and sand off the logos...looks pretty good-modern yet weathered, right up my alley....


The circle punched picture just so happened to fit perfectly in the leaf area without covering too much...perfect! I added hemp for some texture.


A loverly recycled page embellishment was born! I incorporated it onto a page and thought it was dandy!


I hope you enjoyed this "green" Met Monday!


Have a great day!


Now I've got that song stuck in my head...It was Barbara Mandrell right? I'm going to i-tunes right now!....


Michelle



8 comments:

  1. Hi Michelle,
    I am the same way, look at it twice and what
    can we re-purpose it for ! I love to scrapbook
    too ! Thanks for sharing, Hugs ~ Kammy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great way to recycle!

    Christi @ A Southern Life
    http://asouthernlife.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! That worked wonderfully! You certainly are the queen of R, R, and R!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great idea. I love the way you think outside the box. Hugs, Marty

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! Would have NEVER thought of that! Good for YOU! This is impressive!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Michelle,
    Great blog and terrific post idea. I'm gonna have to try that. Thanks so much for signing up for Farmgirl Paints. I really look forward to getting to know you. Have a great day:)

    ReplyDelete

Thank You for taking the time to comment! Because of the insane amount of spam comments, I had to stop anonymous comments-sorry for the inconvenience.
Michelle