Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Spring Time Tablescape!

It's Tablescape Thursday ! Thank you to our host, Susan at between naps on the porch! This is such a great event!
http://betweennapsontheporch.blogspot.com/




Hi everyone and thanks for taking the time to visit me! I'm totally excited about this week's tablescape! It is NOT from the job :)...I took the time at home to put together, what I think is the cutest color combo.


What inspired the entire color pallet was this great fabric tablecloth. Green, Yellow, and a deep coral red. We'll call it my inspiration piece!





The dinnerware should look familiar...I took the plunge and bought the Gibson dinnerware from Big Lots. Yippee! :) Thanks to Gollum for the inspiration! I can't believe the quality!





I used the dinner plate and salad plate for this tablescape and mixed it with two sizes of a mum plate.



The jacquard napkins are a nice contrast with the check of the tablecloth. I love the tonal quality of them. I have them slipped them into the napkin rings that came with the beautiful dinnerware.


I love mixing and matching!

Then I had another idea...
I couldn't make up my mind, so I've decided to offer another idea for a place setting...whoops there's the merchandiser in me coming through...sorry! So I shopped the house!

Milk glass is a love of mine and it goes with every style and look; so I used a few pieces on the table too. Instead of a small mum plate, I took a shallow MG bowl and put a candle in and used little mini apples around...






This small green urn is something I found at the Goodwill. I love it with a candle and flowers around . The deeper green pulls some of the green from the larger mum plate out too.





Hey look! Logan has decided to help me with the tablescape! He is such a big helper showing the napkins!



Thanks for stopping by! I am so excited to see all of your tablescapes!

Thanks again Susan!

Michelle & Logan

22 comments:

  1. I love to mix and match...and I love the colors you used.... Happy Tablescape Thursday ~ Susan

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the napkins, such a nice touch. But the tulip center is spectacular!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have the Gibson plates too :) I love your mum plates--don't believe I have ever seen those. Love your helper too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. *Those COLORS are incredibly wonderful!!! Just WONNNNDERFUL!!! It's SUUUUCH a pretty table! SO glad you shared it here!!!

    Warmly,
    Linda *

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOve the linens and colour combination... PRETTY!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the color combination, very pleasing. And Logan is so cute, I mean handsome. Also liked what's on your wall...nice arrangement on the pictures.

    Cheers,
    Candy

    ReplyDelete
  7. You really pulled off a wonderful tablescape this week; this is so awesome with the changing out of flowers, candles and apples.
    I love the layered look. The tabel linen gives this the right color scheme.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh my! I love this!!! This is so me!
    Girl! I can see why you commented about my chargers! Your dishes look like they match! Where did you get the green?Love them!
    Everyone keeps talking about the white dishes. I think I'm going to have to pop into Tues Morn and see if ours has any. It would be nice to be able to have something so versatile to mix and match with.
    Thanks for visiting my blog! I'm looking forward to following along with you. But I need more time to visit all of your posts. If they are anything like this tablescape - YAY! I'm hooked. I will be back!
    Have a great day! Karen

    ReplyDelete
  9. So, So pretty. I love how fresh it looks! The dishes have great texture and the layering is so pretty. I love the flowers and candles in cream, it gives the table a calmness.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your mix of dishes are just gorgeous. What a lovely tablesetting. The tulip centerpiece is absolutely stunning. I just love it. Such a pretty table. Hugs, Marty

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh, those colors are beautiful -- I LOVE that shade of coral when it is mixed with green! The dishes look so pretty layered that way. Love your whole table! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love these colors! Wow, the plates are beautiful. I love the apricot napkins with the table covering. It is just beautiful!
    Blessings,
    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  13. The vibrant tablecloth and napkins give a wonderful punch to the green and white scheme. The various accessories make for a fabulous setting
    The mum plates are unusual, and I wonder where you got them. What pattern or manufacturer are they?

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow! This is the second time this week someone has come up with some great tableware from Big Lots and I can't find any there! I really like the nature quality of your setting, as I am big into gardening. That tablecloth is a classic, and a great inspiration to bounce off of. I'm going back to Big Lots. All there is to it!
    Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  15. Very pretty table and so cozy.

    Christi @ A Southern Life
    http://asouthernlife.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. Logan stole the show..what a QT PIE. The colors are so pretty. Thanks for sharing. Isn't this all so much fun?
    Joyce

    ReplyDelete
  17. What a cheerful table -- and what a cheerful assistant too!

    ReplyDelete
  18. A lovely table.....so bright and cheery.....so inviting. And...your Logan is adorable too.

    May you and yours have a beautiful weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  19. LOVE the colors in your tablescape! The dishes are great - I'll have to plan a visit to Big Lots! My mother used to have a huge collection of milk glass when I was little. I love your pieces. Great table!

    ReplyDelete
  20. I love your art! And the comment on my blog about your dream sounded heavenly. What an amazing vision you have. I hope all of them come true. Have a beautiful day:)

    ReplyDelete
  21. beautiful....love the mini apple idea.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Just beautiful... I would feel special sitting down to eat at your table! I'm new to blogging and Tablescapes may be my next venture..
    Enjoyed your blog..Stop by for a visit anytime...Kathy~ @ Sweetup-northmornings.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank You for taking the time to comment! Because of the insane amount of spam comments, I had to stop anonymous comments-sorry for the inconvenience.
Michelle