Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Independence Day Table!

HAPPY INDEPENDENCE DAY!!

Welcome Bloggers to another fabulous Tablescape Thursday! Be sure to visit our gracious hostess Susan and all of the inspiring tablescapes at BNOTP

My family has always celebrated Independence day the traditional way: Gatherings of friends, family, food, and of course fireworks, this year will be no exception!

We are grilling out and I plan to do a "re post" of sorts after the 4th to share all the pictures of the actual event

I pulled together some of the things we'll be using for our celebration and took some pictures (not too many :)


For me, Red, White & Blue together epitomizes AMERICA!

That's all you need to bring together a terrific tablescape...I tied "flag" ribbon around a candle...pretty and simple


I chose blue dessert plates and the Claremont dishes. Red-handled flatware and beautiful goblets...


Red apples in a milk glass bowl....one of my favorite pieces



My very dear MIL recently gave me this canister, and I was really happy to incorporate it, with IBC root beer in it! Love it!!




Little polka dot and plaid bowls help bring in the red




Ahhhh...Summertime!







Herringbone placemats, typically for Christmas....


I'm loving taking pictures outside in the natural light, I don't want to DO another tablescape inside!! Eventually I will though!


All-American Sunflowers in milk glass.................




Ok, guys I didn't go too photo crazy this week! Looking forward to all of your tables!Thanks again Susan for hosting a great party!


Hope you have a great 4th of July weekend!

Spend it with you family and friends, that is what really matters!
God Bless America!

Pray for our nation, we really need it!!!

Michelle



30 comments:

  1. wow this is so cool and hot at the same time, the candle looks lovely and a great splash of the red white and blue...this tables is right up my alley

    Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your "All American" table. It is just perfect with the red,white and blue and the canister with the root beer makes it perfect. Have a safe, happy and blessed 4th. Hugs, Marty

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your mixture of all the different pieces----that chic "I just threw this together look":) The flag ribbon and apples in milk glass are both wonderful ideas!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm not sure why, but I love sunflowers with red, white and blue! Beautiful patriotic tablescape.
    Dawn

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks like you've pulled together lots of good things to work with. I was glad to see the sunflowers with the red, white and blue stuff. I've been thinking along those same lines, and they do really look good.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, Michelle, this is a beautiful patriotic table! I love the dishes and the matalasse on the table! (I often use my matalasse coverlets as tablecloths.)

    IBC root beer is yummy!

    Jane

    ReplyDelete
  7. It all is very pretty!

    I also have a patriotic tablescape this week!

    Happy 4th!!

    Katherine

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely! What time would you like us? May we bring a few fireworks with us too? And Steve's homemade ice cream of course!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Michelle! Oh, I love your table! Everything looks wonderful! Your photos are just amazing! You are quite the photographer!
    Be a sweetie and have a great 4th,
    Shelia :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great tablescape and love the pictures! Happy 4th!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful pics. You are really good. Wish I was comin' over to celebrate. Enjoy the weekend:)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I just went Ga-GA over your blue dessert plates! Everything on your table is beautiful, I love the canister and flag ribbon on the candle. Happy 4th to you! :O) Mary @Boogieboard Cottage

    ReplyDelete
  13. love those polka dot bowls....thank you for your honest comment on my blog...all I have to say is.."Who voted for this guy?"

    ReplyDelete
  14. I LOVE that flag ribbon! All of your details are so cute... the red apples in the white glass bowl is such a great touch of red. Love the polka dot bowls, too! But I must admit, you totally had me at the IBC. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love everything about your tablescape! Everything comes together so nicely and it looks very inviting. Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Very pretty. Looks like you are ready for a party.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hi Michelle, your pictures are just lovely....so happy!!!!!

    Have a wonderful July 4th!

    Barb

    ReplyDelete
  18. MIL is so thoughtful to give you the canister. It's a great idea to use for the iced root beer. Have a Happy Party.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Fabulous post! Gorgeous photos! You have such pretty things and you put them together so nicely! Have a safe and happy 4th of July!
    ~Really Rainey~

    ReplyDelete
  20. Where oh where did you get the bowls??? Love them! This is all right up my vintage alley, girl. The ribbons on the candle caught my heart and reeled me right on in. Lovely, lovely, lovely!
    Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  21. Hi Michelle,

    You patriotic table is flag-raising spectacular! And I would agree wholeheartedly - our country so needs prayers! God Bless America!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Your table looks great! I love your milkglass and the cute ribbons on your candles. Happy 4th of July!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Your table looks wonderful! Have a great 4th!

    ReplyDelete
  24. I knew you would find a good use for that canister. Your table looks great. I'm a very lucky MIL.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Very pretty table. I love the crisp colors and your variety of dishes.

    ReplyDelete
  26. Your pictures are beautifully taken! Your tablescape is a perfect 4th of July setting! I like your red silverware...they look similar to the one's I used in my tablescape! I agree...outdoor photos are really nice! Happy 4th!!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Very nice! Looks like you are ready to celebrate. I pray for our nation every day. You are right, we need it!

    Christi

    ReplyDelete
  28. I think the simple setting puts all the focus on the red, white, and blue--great job!

    ReplyDelete
  29. Lovely, Michelle...my favorite is the easy, elegant candle/ribbon trick...awesome idea!
    Happy 4th...enjoy!
    ;-D

    ReplyDelete

Thank You for taking the time to comment! Because of the insane amount of spam comments, I had to stop anonymous comments-sorry for the inconvenience.
Michelle