Thursday, November 12, 2009

Shades of White




I definitely have a natural inclination towards white. White makes me feel, for a lack of better word: Simple.

I like the thought of being simple right now.

Although I don't use white on the walls, I find plenty of ways to use it. White fluffy towels, crisp white lampshades, perfect white matting, white dinnerware, and my all time favorite.....milk glass.

I think I like white because you can pair it with any other color and it is always right. Add texture, and you begin to build a story. As of late, grey has been bobbing it's head into my home, it has always been in my closet, yet never a design choice, but that's no more.



I also like the great contrast of black and white. A natural pairing, but combining it with one other color, I can't think of anything better.



How do you feel about white? Do you have white walls, or do you accessorize with it?



8 comments:

  1. love whites...especially the milk glass. I don't have many pieces but I am always on the look out. Isn't it amazing how many shades of white there are...I love them all.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your pictures are beautiful. I don't have much white in my house but after seeing all of the ways to accessorize with white on all the blogs, I have found myself gravitating to using more whites in my decorating. There are so many great shades of white and my favorite is the vintage looking white...the color of an aged book page.
    Have a great weekend.
    Jane

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have a few pieces of white furniture....not pure white, but still white! my mantle is on a brick wall so I painted it white.

    I love how the white contrast with the natural brown of the pine cones in your photos, lovely.

    you can never go wrong with black & white or navy & white, or red & white...or yellow & white....maybe just WHITE!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. My taste have changed drastically. I used to hate white, I thought it was so cold and forbidding. But now I love it!
    And I've been looking all over for a white turkey platter! Yours is lovely!

    Great post! So pretty!
    All the best,
    Eileen

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Michelle! Oh, what beautiful whites and just look how you've displayed and photographed them. Gorgeous!
    Be a sweetie,
    Shelia :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I don't have white walls, but I have white crown molding, woodwork and trim. My walls are dark taupe and I love the combination of the two. I think white looks clean and you can always use pops of color. Right now I'm into white and chocolate brown or black and white. Sue

    ReplyDelete
  7. Michelle,
    I have "blush" walls. Just a tinge of "blush". Every picture makes them appear white but they are soft and soothing. I have shades and tones of white furniture and such. So often when someone says, "white" another person thinks of "white picket fence" white, but there are so many variations. I love them all. You have lovely photos, they are very soothing to look at. Have a beautiful day.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Not only are you a wonderful decorator and know just where to place what, but you're also a great photographer and know just how to take a good shot. I admire that about you!
    Brenda

    ReplyDelete

Thank You for taking the time to comment! Because of the insane amount of spam comments, I had to stop anonymous comments-sorry for the inconvenience.
Michelle