Thursday, January 28, 2010

Valentine Wreath

You might remember when I was inspired to make a boxwood wreath like the one in the Pottery Barn Catalog for Christmas...remember? Good.

I have been really happy with it, because to me boxwood is an everyday greenery, an evergreen, an all the time kinda thing.....and I decided to give it a little love for Valentine's day.


This is how my little wreath looked like dressed up for Christmas


....and here it is all ready for Febuary 14th.


I left the "E" (for Edwards) on and simply added some fun checkered ribbon, a puffy heart, a glitter heart and tied a bow with the wired heart garland.

I got most of the supplies at Michael's, but I had the ribbon left over from Christmas. That's the great thing about Valentine's Day, some things will transition right from Christmas.

My boxwood wreath is proving to be very useful! Maybe even St. Patrick's Day?



Thanks for Stopping by!
Linking to these fun parties!



Photobucket



monogram


17 comments:

  1. Your wreath is so sweet. What a pretty way to use the red heart wire and get extra use out of your wreath!
    Excited to see what you do for St Patty's day!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cute makeover...it would probably look great for any holiday by just changing the accessories! Come say hi!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love it! I like boxwood because it doesn't scream Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely! And why stop at St. Paddy's Day? I think Easter could have some very cute possibilities. I think I need a wreath now :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love it. So sweet.....the boxwood is a great background!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Loved your wreath at Christmas and love it even more with it's new look. Great job.

    p.s. don't you just love red and white!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great ideal, love the boxwood, it makes a wonderful backgroung. A change from the usual grapevine wreath. Thanks for sharing.
    Sandy

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nice! Wish I were that handy.

    DI
    The Blue Ridge Gal

    ReplyDelete
  9. I even like it better for Valentine's Day than I did for Christmas...you did a beautiful job!

    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  10. Michelle,
    What a great wreath! I love the look of boxwood and it is so festive for this upcoming season!
    Dee Dee

    ReplyDelete
  11. Michelle,
    That turned out Gor*geous!! Love it! Thanks for joining the party!
    happy crafting!
    Linda
    PS love your header, btw :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Where did you find the boxwood wreath? I love it and want one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry, just saw this comment....I made the wreath with artificial boxwood on grapevine.

      Delete
  13. Where did u get the boxwood wreath? Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Anon,
    I made the wreath with artificial boxwood on a grapevine wreath...most craft store should have the supplies.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I have a boxwood wreath just like that and love what you've done - think I'll do it! Thanks for the idea!

    ReplyDelete

Thank You for taking the time to comment! Because of the insane amount of spam comments, I had to stop anonymous comments-sorry for the inconvenience.
Michelle