Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Enhanced Handbag

Have you ever made felt flowers before? Me neither, but they are really fun and easy, I had it down after the first two or so!! I followed this great tutorial. It is very, very easy to do, not to mention addicting! I started making them and before I knew it, I had made a slew!



They look like ranunculus to me!


I picked up this fun, gently used handbag at my local DAV Thrift store for a whopping 1.48, and decided to jazz it up. I love the bamboo handles and I think the colors will be fun for the rest of the summer, aren't the paisleys fun?




After making my gazillion flowers, I glued them onto a separate piece of felt, concentrating on the composition and colorway


After I had all the flowers glued, I cut around the felt. I wanted the removable option, so I didn't want to glue directly on the handbag. Just in case I changed my mind, which I so often do...


I used some beads for further embellishment, then I attached the "bib" using safety pins on the inside.


I really like how it turned out!


Thanks for stopping by, I hope you are inspired to personalize a handbag near you! :)

BWS tips button

NightOwlCrafting

Join  us Saturdays at tatertotsandjello.com for the weekend wrap up         party!


UndertheTableandDreaming
Be sure to enter my giveaway, going on now!

35 comments:

  1. That is so cute! Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I thought the same thing, that they looked like ranunculus, which I love. The flowers are great and perfect on the bag. Great job.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think it looks great! I love the flowers and I'm thinking Christmas...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow Michelle, what a great bag!! You look like a super-model standing there!!!!
    They certainly look fabulous,
    Suzyq

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love these and they turned out great on the handbag!! Love it.

    ~Kathleen

    ReplyDelete
  6. It looks beautiful! What a great shape too:)
    Sarah
    HandbagsnPigtails.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the flowers Michelle, think I'll have a go!
    What a find, youve made it look even more gorgeous.
    Rebecca

    ReplyDelete
  8. Cute Michelle...
    Looks like a million bucks now!
    xoxo~Kathy @
    Sweet Up-North Mornings...

    ReplyDelete
  9. Now that is a sweet purse!!! Michelle, I took some pictures of my daughter at the beach and would love your opinion/advice on them as I love your photography! They are on my blog now!

    ReplyDelete
  10. So cute with the littles flowers!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Michelle - that is just adorable!! You come up with the best ideas. Every single thing you do is beautiful!

    xoxo
    Jen

    ReplyDelete
  12. Far, FAR over the horizon of cute, Michelle!
    Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  13. omg!...fabulous!...i'm so loving these little flowers!...

    ReplyDelete
  14. The flowers turned out fantastic and they look great on the bag! Thanks for your nice comments!

    ReplyDelete
  15. The accents make such a difference. Lovely details.

    ReplyDelete
  16. those look amazing and your bag looks great. thanks for sharing some inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh my gosh this turned our fabulous! I love it, thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Beautiful. I really love the soft effect of the felt flowers.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Be still my heart! I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  20. That is super pretty, love the color combination!

    ReplyDelete
  21. So cute!!! Stopping by from the Sunday Showcase linkup.
    -Mama E
    www.homeandheartsblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  22. How cute is that? Haven't done felt flowers and am really looking forward to trying. Seems we both like shabby roses on our bags! :)
    xoxo
    Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  23. Oh that is darling! I love the felt roses and the cute bag! Thanks for linking up to Hoo's got talent!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Adorable. I would totally wear that handbag out!!!!!! Nice job.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Michelle - simply stunning! I love the added flowers - super cute! I'll be featuring this today. Thanks so much for linking to the Sunday Showcase - I greatly appreciate it. Hope you are enjoying your weekend! Stephanie Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  26. Do you have a tutorial for making those flowers? Are they out of felt? I'm in love with this bag! So whimsical!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Lauren I used a great tutorial from Lollichops, it's linked in the first paragraph. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  28. Hi Michelle! Just wanted to say thanks for linking to my tutorial! Your bag came out fabby!

    HUGS!

    ReplyDelete

Thank You for taking the time to comment! Because of the insane amount of spam comments, I had to stop anonymous comments-sorry for the inconvenience.
Michelle