Friday, December 3, 2010

Royal Green Tablescape

Before the kitchen goes full on candy land, I wanted to put together a tablescape with the colors that I use in the living room. It's hard to turn that switch off when I've been decorating with green and white and brown and silver for days now. If you've seen my Christmas mantle, then you know I lean more towards a modern rustic pallet, but soon enough traditional reds and greens will be making the season even brighter.
Of course the fact that I found some great plates while thrifting the other day certainly played their part inspiring me. Dishes. I just can't help myself.

The centerpiece, super easy, in a small green pot, with long needle pine, pine cones, and birch sticks, very simple.
I mean you can't go wrong with pine cones!
The inspiration plates, here they are.... green and white and beautiful. I think they sort of epitomize this area, a grist mill, a rocky river and an oxen pulled cart. It actually reminds me of War Eagle Mill in Arkansas. The sides have plows and yokes. There is no markings on the back so I looked a little bit online, I found Royal Green, The Old Curiosity Shop plates, selling 30.00 for 5 vintage dinner plates. I certainly got a deal (I paid .99 cents each)!
I used white dinner plates and wicker chargers. Are you tired of seeing those yet? :)
The runner I used is from Target last year, running down the center of the table. It has a fun snowflake detail on the ends and a stitching down the sides. I've yet to get to Target this season, I've got to go see what they've got this year for Christmas.

Creamy white candles on tall holders, I love the little green berry garland around them.



Black napkins stuffed in everyday glassware, and everyday flatware.
Ornaments scattered on the runner, a festive addition. I think the black and green is really striking, and certainly a little different.

I'm done with the living room tree and I've been photographing it, so hopefully get a post ready for this coming week! Thank you all so much for all the comments on my mantle!If you would like to see the tablescape I created with this runner last year take a look here.

Have a great weekend, thanks for stopping by!





Join  us Saturdays at tatertotsandjello.com for the  weekend      wrap    up           party!

UndertheTableandDreaming


36 comments:

  1. How funny, I was just browsing your Etsy store looking to see what you had for Christmas, hoping you did some Christmas signs... then I open up my reader and there is your table scape. Lovely and beautiful as ever. I am not tired of the chargers, it as if they are new every time because of the way you style them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your royal green, and the plates are so adorable. What a deal! The centerpiece is perfect. I love some rustic with my Christmas decor and your whole tablescape is so pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  3. beautiful, grn is my favorite color, always so calming~

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am in love with that centerpiece. And how can you get tired of wicker chargers? The whole tablescape is gorgeous and so organic. I would love for you to come by and visit. I am having a tablescape giveaway that you may like!
    Lacy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very pretty! I feel like I should be studying your tablescapes so I can set a better table myself. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful!! I am terrible with tablescapes. I need to get some pretty dishes - lol!

    Love it. And love the woodsy feel. Beautiful!

    xox
    Jen

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh it is so pretty. Love the colors and your centerpiece is wonderful. So simple, but so right. You really did get a steal on those dishes. What a great find. Hugs, Marty

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, swoon! Those plates! What a deal. I know that pattern and love it dearly. Lucky, lucky you. The tablescape is lovely and calming snd just perfect for a nice winter meal.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I just starting collecting the same green patterned dinnerware! Each size plate and bowl have a different pattern and they are just beautiful. I almost have enough to use for a meal, I have a lot of kids, so in the meantime I am filling in with clear avocado green plates. You really inpsire me to "shop" around my house to set a prettier table.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Just beautiful! I love the plates, what a find!
    ~Danylle

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love your posts -your pictures are wonderful -Now I really really like your centerpiece :-)
    The plates are awesome -what a find ! and your table runner is so pretty -our Target does not have this particular style or color this year. But they do have several nice linens for the holiday table . Even nice sets of paper settings

    ReplyDelete
  12. A beautiful table. I've seen plates like that at the thrift store and passed them by. I just didn't have the vision to see how pretty they could look!
    Jane
    P.S. I was at Nell Hill's in Atchison yesterday and thought of you. I know how you like that store.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love GREEN!!! Great centerpiece! Love the whole look!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Michelle, this is a beautiful tablescape. Love the green and brown details. ~ Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love it! I'm all about non-traditional red and green this year...although I'm about ready to do a few "traditional" tablescapes. This is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Your kitchen turns into candy land? That sounds delicious! I love your tablescapes. Gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  17. What a fun and festive table! I love the green elements.
    Hope you can join my giveaway for Cutting Edge Stencils going on now! http://alittleknickknack.blogspot.com/2010/11/giveaway-with-cutting-edge-stencils.html

    ReplyDelete
  18. Absolutely beautiful!! I love everything about it. Thanks so much for linking to SFS this week! Be sure to link up to the Christmas challenge next week to win a prize! -shaunna :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Oh you are amazing. I love the rustic charm of the table and those plates.. well they are a must have for sure. I love that runner. I need to run to Target myself.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Ooooo! So gorgeous!!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Michelle - nothing less than amazing as always! I love the black with the green too! Thanks so much for linking to the party - I greatly appreciate it! I featured these today. Hope you have a lovely week! ~ Stephanie Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  22. This is beautiful Michelle!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Very pretty! My G-Mom had those plates, love them-enjoy:@)

    ReplyDelete
  24. Love your centerpiece. It's very pretty on your table.

    ReplyDelete
  25. I love the woodsy look of the table, and I especially love that centerpiece. I wish that I could find pine cones that size here. Ours are about the size of a small vase.

    So lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Michelle, beautiful table...green is my favorite color. I really like the green and white with the wicker. Your centerpiece is simple but very striking.

    ReplyDelete
  27. Beautiful!!! Your centerpiece is simply exquisite! You're right...you just CAN'T go wrong with pinecones!!! You did a fabulous job, and I never get tired of your beautiful white plates and wicker chargers!

    ReplyDelete
  28. This is so pretty - just the style I love - a little bit of nature mixed with some elegance. The color scheme is just perfect. Love that runner too.

    ReplyDelete
  29. Love your fresh greenery centerpiece. Never tired of your chargers (I have them too) What great green dishes too. Love your natural look for Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  30. You DID get a great deal on the dishes! They're perfect in your lovely tablescape. ...It's a rustic table at My Place to Yours this week, too. Stop by if you get a chance.

    ReplyDelete
  31. Well, I guess you could say that the new plates were REALLY inspiring! They are wonderful, and you've created a marvelous, sophisticated Christmas tablescape. Thank you for sharing your charming design. Cherry Kay

    ReplyDelete
  32. Beautiful setting. I adore the green plates. Everything looks so elegant and classy. Happy holidays! Linda

    ReplyDelete
  33. Natural elements are so freshing. I'm just learning how to put them together, and it does seem quite simple. I love your natural centerpiece. And I'll bet it smell nice.
    And the plates, I'm going to have to keep my eye out for something like them. A good friend of mine has harness horses, and it would make a wonderful gift.
    Linda

    ReplyDelete

Thank You for taking the time to comment! Because of the insane amount of spam comments, I had to stop anonymous comments-sorry for the inconvenience.
Michelle