Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Fall At Garitty's

After touring Mary Carol Garrity's home, my MIL and I spent the rest of the day shopping and looking at her stores, Nell Hill's and Garrity's (both within walking distance of each other). Interestingly enough, Fall was displayed at Garrity's and Christmas occupied the main store, Nell Hill's.
I was a little surprised to see Christmas (It was Fall Open House), but it makes sense being the biggest retail season of the year...it didn't hurt my feelings at all...I'll show you those pictures a little later.
 I like the set up of Garrity's, it's very open with high ceilings, and a few rooms to explore.


Lovely displays full of pumpkins and foliage

Tablescapes...
Pretty vignettes...
Impressive furniture
Beautiful centerpieces

I loved this little nook. The finish (or lack there of actually) on this hutch was so beautiful, and the chicken wire in lieu of glass is so quintessential country french.
Most all of the chandies featured beautiful fall foliage
Bounteous urns
Beauty everywhere I turned.

Inspiring, right??? It was really a fantastic day. My MIL and I just looked around and took our time (which is why we didn't make it to the Briarcliff Village location :) so I didn't get tuckered out.  I did make a few purchases, I knew it would be a while before we'd be back...I found some glorious ribbon which I feel sure you will soon see adorning some of my wreaths coming to my Etsy shop...I can never resist a good roll of ribbon.
Now, I can't wait to get started on my own fall decorating!


2011-12-013

9 comments:

  1. Wow gorgeous displays for fall...I need to clean my house than decorate! I'm so ready for fall!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can never resist a beautiful roll of ribbon either. I keep my bolts of ribbon in pretty hat boxes. Thanks for the stroll around Garrity's...such a great old building. Cherry Kay

    ReplyDelete
  3. beautiful fall inspiration! I could spend a lot of money there =)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow , how beautifully designed and fully frunished room which are decorated amazingly and the best ideas for designing and making them gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  5. My husband drove me there a couple of years ago and we had the best time. It was a beautiful drive and I loved touring her home all decked out with fall decorations. Thanks for posting all the photos!

    ReplyDelete
  6. We live in Kansas City, so visit her shops at least once a year. We were just there the same weekend of the Sparks, Ks Flea Market. Her fall was gorgeous as usual. I loved the pumpkins with the masks so I added a few masks to my pumpkins this fall. Your blog is lovely.
    Ann

    ReplyDelete
  7. I wonder how much the urns were - thanks for sharing! Do you live close to KS? I'm in Nebr

    ReplyDelete
  8. Angela, I didn't catch the price of the urns, sorry! I do not live in KS, I live in MO....it was about a 3 1/2 hour drive to get there, but totally worth it!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your blog seems to be a great source for the interior designing and decorating work. I am very glad to see these elegant design of impressive furniture s , Your blog is good source for home decorating work.
    Landscapers Brisbane

    ReplyDelete

Thank You for taking the time to comment! Because of the insane amount of spam comments, I had to stop anonymous comments-sorry for the inconvenience.
Michelle