Monday, September 17, 2012

Christmas At Nell Hill's (An Update Too)

Well, I hesitated on whether to show you the Christmas that was on display at Nell Hill's, but what the heck. If I don't do it now I will forget and it's never too early for Christmas right? At least it isn't in the retail world. Last week I showed you how Garrity's was decorated for Fall, and this is Mary Carol's main store: Nell Hill's, decorated for Christmas (although she said they were not finished). I haven't been to the Briarcliff location yet this year, but I'm hoping to go for the Christmas Open House.
At all three of Mary Carol's stores there are two things that impress me the most. The furniture and the artwork. It is woven through the rooms with the fluffy stuff (like Christmas) on top.This is a beautiful distressed hutch chock full of happy whimsical Christmas.


Natural Christmas, I love the lidded basket on the bottom shelf.

Check out this ginormous cow bust. It is life size and would require a nice large room.

See what I mean about the artwork?

Pretty mantlescape

Ribbon Alert! Ahhhhhhh!!!

Bright and fun colors for Christmas

Love the painted wicker chairs

Beautiful Hutch

Striking Navy Room

Cute fuzzy trees, look at that reindeer too!
Pretty, pretty Christmas, and not too shabby for "not being done"! I can only imagine how beautiful it will be when it is. Hope you enjoyed the field trip!

***
I had my dr's appointment about the results of my latest CT Scans. I wish I could announce some awesome news, but I can't. The lung tumors are still stable, the liver tumors have grown...insert 'pout' here. So this week, I will hear from the doctors at NIH and might be taking a field trip to Bethesda, not nearly as fun as Nell Hill's. :) So I will just keep plugging along, doing as much as I can and not get discouraged over all the things I can't/don't do any more...that's not to say I haven't been down, I have. Questions like why the heck am I doing chemotherapy when it is yeilding NO results except more growth (just to name one)...but I have to keep moving forward. I just can't give up.

***
I will hopefully be back tomorrow with a,  guess what....a tablescape. I wanted to play along with tablescape party going on at The Lettered Cottage. I haven't done a tablescape in 2012, which I can't believe! It's been forever...so I will be back tomorrow and have a pretty Fall table for you to look at. See you then.

2011-12-013

15 comments:

  1. I have only been to the Briarcliff store and it's fabulous! I can't imagine her other locations...dying to go to Atchison some day.

    My heart sunk when I read your health news. Hang in there, girl!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for the beautiful and inspiring tour, Michelle! I'm sending many positive thoughts and prayers your way and I wish you all the best!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Michelle the tour was absolutely gorgeous and I can't wait to see your tablescape. It's ok with me if you get down and what have you. I will understand. But at the same time you must get back 'up' and keeping going forward just like you say. You'll beat this. Just hang in there.

    I have a blogger friend, Barb, who lives in the high altitudes of Colorado near Breckenridge and Denver. She had a major heart attack. I met her online on her blog right after her heart attack. I hung in there and gave her all the encouragement I could find. This past summer she was hiking 8 mile a day hikes. I know it wasn't easy for her to get back to her old self but with words of encouragement and the right doctors, she made it. You can too. Carol

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dang it Michelle! I just hate that!!
    You take care of yourself. You can only do what you can do, and sounds like you are doing exactly that. I so love looking at your blog, and I will be here on your good days and your bad days!!

    Gloria in Virginia

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Michelle: So sorry to hear the news isn't as good, right now, as you would like but keep up the spirits and keep plugging along. It will happen. More trips to that beautiful store should help a bit. Hang in there, Judy

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a lovely tour and hint of Christmas. The hutch in the first photos is so gorgeous and totally my style.
    Take care of yourself, sweet Michelle. I'm sad the news wasn't better but I sense your strong attitude, even if you don't feel that way all the time. Hopefully you will find the right answers.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm struggling to find the right words to say. I am tempted to say "keep your chin up," but I totally don't blame you for feeling sad and mad and probably a million other emotions every day. I want to encourage you. I want to let you know that I think about you and your family so many times each week and pray that things are going well for you. I want to say that you should be so proud of your strong will and your artistic talent and so many other things that are evident here in this space. I wish that I could find an eloquent way to say all of these things, but since I keep erasing every other word I type, I'll just finish by saying that you and your family are in my thoughts and prayers. Take care of yourself!

    ReplyDelete
  8. That reindeer is too cute! I'm so not ready for Christmas yet, but love looking at the decor. Sorry the chemo doesn't seem to be working as you would like, but never give up hope. Surely, there is another option they will find for you! (((HUGS)))

    ReplyDelete
  9. You are always in my prayers! Keep your hope alive!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh sweetie, I was so hoping for some better news. You are absolutely right. You CAN"T give up. Where there is God, there is HOPE. Praying fervently for you, my friend. xxoo

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hang in there. We'll keep you in our prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Gosh. I'm just reading some of your story.
    I'm praying for you even now....peace, comfort, healing in the mind, spirit and body.

    Praying Philippians 4:7 for you tonight.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Well, I was certainly hoping to find good news and it saddens me to see that you aren't hearing what you want to hear. I do love that you still have the fight in you as I really do believe that attitude along with prayer and of course treatment combine to bring wellness. You continue to be in my heart and prayers for a change in the right direction by the next scans.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Michelle - You remind me a bit of myself. A fun Christmas post with beautiful photographs of a swoon-worthy goodies and then just a small casual comment about your health update. Of course we were all praying and hoping for better news - but just because things were not great this time does not mean God can not change your course for next time!
    I wish I could send you a hug through this comment box! Be encouraged and take heart my friend, these are the verses that I am praying for you each and every day:

    Jeremiah 17:14
    "Heal me, LORD, and I will be healed; save me and I will be saved, for You are the One I praise."
    Psalms 30:2
    "LORD my God, I called to you for help, and you healed me."

    My grandfather used to say, "Amen and Amen!" which was his way of stating,"This is good and it's good enough to repeat!"
    Much Love to you and your family,
    Heather

    ReplyDelete
  15. Dear Sister , well i think i'm caught up on all your latest pics of trip. Know that we talked about it but what a difference when you can see it all. But most of all the thing that blows me away is your strength and strong will! You are my HERO just keep fighting. The big sister now looking up to the litte sister. May God keep you and contenue to give you this will to fight.Love you always klair

    ReplyDelete

Thank You for taking the time to comment! Because of the insane amount of spam comments, I had to stop anonymous comments-sorry for the inconvenience.
Michelle