Thursday, February 4, 2010

Carnation Rondure

Based on how many pictures I've taken of my Carnation Rondure, we'll call him Ronnie for short, you would think I have made at 9 or 12....



But I'm sorry to say that I have only made one so far. Would I like to make many, many more? Yes.



For so little money and time, Ronnie has great impact.








Now I chose not to embellish him, I like the graphic quality of Ronnie plain...but think of what you could do with ribbon, or a secondary color of carnation.....ooohh!




Here is what you need:



3'' Styrofoam ball (naked Ronnie)








Silk carnations in your choice of color. (Ronnie coverings)







I bought 2 bushes of red carnations at Michael's (on sale) and believe it or not...it took both of the bushes for one Ronnie. The heads were kinda small, but I bet you can find a bigger carnation and do a lot more damage...

Clip the heads off leaving about an inch and a half of stem, and start pushing them in to the foam...




Pack 'em in tight for a nice full look






Ronnie looks great in a milk glass compote





In amongst the table scape for a Valentine's Dinner...nice hu?



Thanks for stopping by! Hope you are inspired to try your very own Carnation Rondure!

Check out some other great ideas at A Soft Place to Land, Craftsaholic Anonymous and Somewhat Simple!



DIY Day @ ASPTL

Photobucket

monogram





14 comments:

  1. Wow...I'm seeing red! Ronnie is quite the eye catcher!
    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Me likey....I wanted to do something similar with live white carnations for my daughter's wedding last year, but it was time and cost prohibitive.

    I could do a few you way though!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my, I have to try to make one. It's adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really love Ronnie! What a great idea. And I thought they were real carnations!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, I absolutely love this! And it's red! I've got to do this. So cute.
    Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  6. This was my plan with tulips for my tablescape centerpiece. I bought 4 bunches of tulips and they only covered half of my styrofoam ball...so I had to figure out another plan. I'm thinking of doing an entire wreath this way for spring...purple and yellow maybe?

    This was a fun post.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think I'm in love with Ronnie! What a pretty thing! YOu're good! :)
    Be a sweetie,
    Shelia ;)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for the instructions! My neighbor did one for our annual Christmas Brunch with real carnations, but using silk is a much better way as far as I'm concerned! Yours is stunning!
    Dee Dee

    ReplyDelete
  9. Holy Moly! I am so glad I discovered (rediscovered?) you?? I found you through a comment you left on my tablescape post from last fall. I LOVE everything I see! Can't wait to come back and spend more time looking around!!
    Donna

    ReplyDelete
  10. You are right! For something so simple, it sure packs a lot of punch! Love your Ronnie and all the possibilities!

    DD

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow girl you really get into Valentine's day:) I love your tablescape. So fun and fresh!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your tablescape is lovely! The handmade heart is the perfect touch!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hey Michelle,
    Just wanted to let you know I featured this on my blog today! :)
    Happy Valentine's Day!
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  14. I LOVE your blog! WOW! You have great style! I found you through the somewhat simple valentines linky party. I'm now following you! Can't wait to see what you come up with next!

    ReplyDelete

Thank You for taking the time to comment! Because of the insane amount of spam comments, I had to stop anonymous comments-sorry for the inconvenience.
Michelle