The process was quite easy. Using black acrylic craft paint, I hand painted all the nooks and worm holes.
What I liked about the original sign is the distressed finish. I decided to recreate the black distressing over the blue
Moving quickly, I washed the entire sign in black wiping it back down with a damp towel.
The pegs had great texture, painting on the black...
Wiping it off to reveal the detail
Around the letters I used a very fine brush and carefully painted around the outer edge. This was the only time consuming part of the project
I am really happy with the final result! I love my crate and barrel mugs hanging on it!
As far as projects go, this is really simple. Just a new paint job really.
I hope you're inspired !
Be sure to visit Donna and Melissa