Thursday, February 18, 2010

Inspired Spring Cloche


*Refresh* Renew* Revive*
Inspired by Spring

Spring has been slowly creeping out all around the house, I'm ready, I know you are too. I spotted some green heads peeking out of the soil in our flower beds already, I know it's only a matter of time...

I've been playing...


I gave my hutch a mini makeover for spring and incorporated some blue with my normal green and white, it's been a really soothing pallet to me. I actually found these little blue mercury glass votives several years ago after Christmas, they don't look very Christmasy to me however...


I love using green apples, they look so fresh
{even though they're not!}



I spring-a-fied my cloche just today, A little blue bird, nest, moss, greenery and a frame...all sitting atop the cloche plate I made last summer



Yes, you can put ANYTHING under a cloche!

Have you been seeing lattice pattern popping up everywhere? I'm drawn to it too and I found these napkins with a big bold graphic pattern on one side and lattice on the other, I think it looks wonderful with my plaid burlap ribbon
{if you can notice it in the background, there's a better picture down the way...}









My wire cloche looks handsome with all his apples! This one is small enough to fit inside my hutch








My hutch consists of mostly thrift store finds, odd pieces, milk glass and my Claremont dishes, I'm not sure if you've seen those white dishes before or not...they might look vaguely familiar







Mr. Bluebird on my shoulder, I mean under my cloche....










My little ball finial, and his big brother...yes, I did two sizes, but I like the little one the best. He looks just right under glass



I put together a hydrangea basket to sit on top of the hutch and just tied some of the plaid burlap around the basket. I plan on using this ribbon on my front door wreath when it does get a little closer to spring



Thank you for stopping by today! I hope you're inspired!
Stroll over to Marty's place at A Stroll Thru Life

Then visit Melissa to see even more inspiration!






35 comments:

  1. Michelle,
    You have such a beautiful way of displaying your items! As always the photographs are stunning!
    Dee Dee

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Michelle...I really enjoyed this lovely post. My fav is the 'bird theme cloche'. I actually just found some vintage egg prints that I had forgotten about the other day! Humm...I have a great idea now of how to use them...
    Blessings,
    Suse

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love it all but the bird, nest and eggs are my favorite. Where do you find your burlap ribbon??

    ReplyDelete
  4. very pretty, makes me wish for spring! Love, love, love the milk glass...sigh...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Michelle! Oh, what a beautiful post! You have really made pretty! I love your cloches and your cabinet is gorgeous!
    Be a sweetie,
    Shelia ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Michelle, no one can style things like you can! I love all the photos. I'm always in awe of what you can come up with!
    Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  7. All your cloches are so pretty, Michelle, but I also love your milk glass collection in your hutch...Christine

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love it all!! Wish it was mine..
    Suzy

    ReplyDelete
  9. VERY VERY Pretty! You did a great job! Lezlee

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh wow, you really did out do yourself. Your hutch display is just stunning. I love the way you've arranged your vignette inside and the apples are just the right amount of color. That little wire cloche is fabulous. Your glass cloches with your pretty pedestals are all so wonderfully decorated. Love that burlap ribbon too. Thank you so much for joining the party, this is so much fun. Your ideas are very inspirational. Hugs, Marty

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love all your cloches. Love your hutch filled with all your treasures you have found. Love the wired cloche. I have seen a lot of those tonight. I must find one. I especially love your bird one with the egg pic and the moss and greenery.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hey Michelle,
    Okay so I stopped by as your ofcourse everyday stalker to say, that you have the absolutely very best Cloches I have seen... Your hutch is so amazing too, I have told you before but you have such a unique style that I so love... Everything I see you do is my taste all the way, and know everyday I look forward to seeing the Beauty you create... I enjoy your Blog so much!!!! Take Care!

    Michelle Torres

    ReplyDelete
  13. I always love to see what you come up with. The hutch looks fabulous. I have to say that I'm feeling pretty good about my cloche now. If you used a nest and a bird, maybe I'm getting the hang of it! I loved seeing more of your ideas.

    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love the Mr. Bluebird! It all looks so beautiful. Your pic's are fab!
    smiles, alice

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh, gosh.. how put together and coordinated your hutch looks! Mine is such a hodge podge. The white is stunning and great for any season of the year. Love it!

    Di
    The Blue Ridge Gal

    ReplyDelete
  16. Your cloches are gorg! I love all the white in your hutch. I have a milk glass collection, but no where to display it.

    Beautiful photos!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Very lovely changes to your hutch and the birdie and nest under your cloche are terrific! Your lattice patterned napkins are very nice too!

    DD

    ReplyDelete
  18. Very charming! You are so right that "anything" can be assembled under a cloche. It does take an eye to create symmetry. You accomplished this nicely!

    KJ
    SoCal

    ReplyDelete
  19. love your blog...came via The Inspired Room!

    ReplyDelete
  20. HI Michelle! Beautiful. I adore absolutely adore your hutch filled with white dishes. For me it doesn't get any better than this! Big smile. Great cloches....love how you adorned them. Especially the sweet little spring number! So cute.
    YOu have a beautiful blog...I will be back for a visit....often!
    Blessings,
    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  21. I love your spring cloche. that card with the eggs gives just the right touch to it.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Hi Michelle, just too pretty for words! Your pictures are simply stunning!

    Barb

    ReplyDelete
  23. Your pictures are fabulous! Love your cloches!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Great cloches...your hutch is so gorgeous and I love all your white dishes. The wire cloche with the apples is my favorite

    ReplyDelete
  25. Very pretty cloche displays! I have a wire cloche similar to yours!

    Katherine

    ReplyDelete
  26. your cloches are just stinkin' beautiful!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    just got my first cloche and needed ideas. forgive my ignorance, but i'm guessing with that FAB wire cloche, you put the apples in while the cloche is upside down; put the bottom on and turned it right-side up?

    ReplyDelete
  27. I so love all your white dishware. How beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  28. I love your cloches. I really like the one with the bird the best.

    ReplyDelete
  29. Oh, I just LOVE your little blue birdie cloche. I never even new what a cloche was until I entered blogland! So many great ideas! I love your blog and photography too! I'm definately a fan now.

    ReplyDelete
  30. Your hutch is so pretty, and I love the cloche. The egg print is perfect behind the bird and nest! laurie

    ReplyDelete
  31. Wow - I love everything in your hutch, but my favorite thing is your bird themed cloche! I LOVE it!

    ReplyDelete
  32. So much loveliness! I don't know where to begin. The green and white looks so fresh and I like the subtle touches of blue. I like your homemade cloche plate. What's inside that one is just so sweet.

    ReplyDelete
  33. I love what you've done with your cloche! I've been meaning to get my hands on one, and now I'm more inspired than ever. Nicely done!!

    ReplyDelete
  34. Beautiful.
    That green round mossy thing that looks like a soccer ball - did you make that?

    ReplyDelete
  35. I love all of this! Where is your hutch from?!

    ReplyDelete

Thank You for taking the time to comment! Because of the insane amount of spam comments, I had to stop anonymous comments-sorry for the inconvenience.
Michelle