Friday, April 9, 2010

Logan's Room: Inspirational Fabric


I find great inspiration in fabric. As much as I would love to go to high end fabric sources, budgetary restraints lead me to look for alternate routes for fabric. When I saw the Lil' Cowpoke fabric at Hobby Lobby, I instantly loved it and never looked back! My MIL was with me, and was a little surprised to say the least, I'm not a "cowgirl" by any means, but the images of the cute vintage cowboy kids was just too much to resist! Not only did it offer cute nostalgic images, put a really fun color pallet that I will use as a jumping off point.

Key Fabric:


Accent Fabrics: Blue ticking, Cable knit, and denim with just a smidgen of burlap

For the window treatment, I bought 2 twin flat sheets in red at Wal-mart. To jazz them up a bit, I sewed some blue ticking on the bottom, and used a silver rod and clips.



Now for the valance, Elaine had to take over. As you know, I can sew a straight line, but when it comes to doing intricate things like the "bandanna valance" ......she's definitely my go-to gal! I had this idea of making a valance that looked like a bandanna or pocket using the key fabric and trimmed in blue ticking. And that's exactly what she gave me. and without a pattern no less!


My MIL and I made these pillows with the exception of the cable knit, which I got on clearance at Wal-mart. The denim pillow I made out of old jeans that my oldest son had outgrown.

I designed this "baby changing" station for when Logan was little. Once again Elaine executed this sewing project for me. When Logan was a baby, it held diapers, lotion, medicines, now that he's older, it holds toys and books. My design is very simple, using lined blue ticking, pockets from old jeans, etc. She made curtain style tabs and I used an old yard stick for hanging. It turned out really cute and super functional.

Elaine wasn't the only sewing contributor, Logan's great-grandma also sewed a comforter and a doggie blankie too! These women can sew! Without their help, I would not have been able to create this fun look for Logan's room!

He is a happy camper cowboy!


Thank you for stopping by! Next up, I'll be showing more details of Logan's room, like the jute tassel and Logan's name pennant!

Click Here

to see all the Fantastic Parties!








15 comments:

  1. DARLING DARLING DARLING!!!!

    xo Molly

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love vintage children's fabric. This one is adorable and I love how you incorporated it into Logan's room ~ and without going overboard with it! Love the drapes you made out of the sheets and the addition of the ticking. Great job! I'll bet he loves spending time in there!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Adorable room. The cowboy fabric you used as the inspiration was perfect. Great colors! I'm sure Logan loves his room.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh how cute. I have my youngest son's room in cowboy and I just love the detail you have.

    ReplyDelete
  5. We used this same fabric for lampshades & quilts in our shop. You all have done a marvelous job in your creative creations. Logan should be one whoppy ki-yi!, cowboy!

    Have a lovely weekend.
    TTFN ~Hugs, Marydon

    ReplyDelete
  6. That may very well be the cutest window treatment ever! Thw whole room is adorable. I've seen that fabric. It's toooo cuuuute! Love the pillows too. Great job! I love it all!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Michelle you are so talented!! you always were so crafty and creative. Awesome job!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You are so blessed to have the vision and someone to help you bring it to fruition. It is just darling.
    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh, so cute....it is all so cute. That cowboy fabric is just darling! What a sweet room for your precious little one!

    : )

    Julie M.

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a cute room! Logan is so lucky! Stopping by from BNOTP.

    ReplyDelete
  11. That is just too adorable! I just love the multi-functional wall hanging with the ruler. Fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  12. That is adorable! I would love for you to come over and link up to check me out saturday www.iamonly1woman.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is SO creative and DARLING! I love it :) I e-mailed it to a friend who's son is obsessed with cowboys. I love that fabric every time I go to Hobby Lobby as well. I just never knew how to use it! Well done :)

    <3

    Risa

    ReplyDelete

Thank You for taking the time to comment! Because of the insane amount of spam comments, I had to stop anonymous comments-sorry for the inconvenience.
Michelle