After making my canvas placemats, I had a small amount of canvas left and decided to create a floorcloth. I have always wanted to try one, so I went for it. Being enamored with the Chevron pattern right now, I thought I would use it and seemed simple enough to create. First I primed and painted the piece of canvas, I did this on a scrap board so no one would walk on it while it was wet
Next, using 2 inch painter's tape, I created the Chevron pattern. I just eyeballed it, I was not going for perfection.
Using some black enamel paint left over from another project, I painted away!
After it dried, I took off the tape, and blurred the painted edges so it wouldn't look so "tapey" and laid it in the foyer.
I love how it looks and it added a great graphic pop!
It doesn't move around as much as I thought it would, and it's wearing pretty good.
This is a fun project, and didn't take very long at all!
Hope you give it a try!
Thanks for stopping by!