Thursday, January 12, 2012

Laundry Room Progress (Half Way there!)

Thank you for all the support and encouragement on my little laundry room project. It is really coming along! I love the stripes on the ceiling and Justin hung my antique chandelier last night!!! Yay!

You might remember, I found this crystal and brass chandy at an estate sale several months ago.
A little unusual in a laundry room, I know, but that 's the part I like! :) It adds a lot of character and history with everything being 'new' in here. Besides, I'm the only one that uses the laundry room, and a little bling never hurt my feelings.

I have such a love affair with any light fixture I meet, I couldn't believe anyone would give this baby up......right up until I started cleaning it. 30 crystals and 45 minutes later, I figured out why the elderly couple I bought it from would eighty-six it.
But she's mine now.



You might notice I selected a different paint color...I went two shades lighter than my original choice. Even though I have used Schooner before (I painted a dresser), I think it was just a little too moody for a laundry room. In a walk-in closet, yes, a bedroom, perhaps...but I want this room to be super peppy.....




....and it is.


So what is there left to do?



-Install center cabinet (I have to have Justin's help with this)


-Install hanging rod


-Install knobs on cabinets


-Install flooring


Then it will be ready to move appliances back in and accessorize!




( Yes, I started filling the cabinets already, the kitchen is SUCH a mess right now, I had to do it :)

I'm installing the flooring by myself, wish me luck, I've never done it before! :)

I'll be back with a reveal soon!



P.S. I hit 2000 readers this week, I am so grateful you are here! Thank you!




Need a design boost? For advice and guidance on style, contact me!

16 comments:

  1. This lamp is marvelous! I like cristals very much!
    Greetings

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm loving this! It looks fabulous! : )

    ReplyDelete
  3. It looks amazing already! Love the chandelier. I can't wait to see the final product!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. love this, so much, i can't say exactly what i like the most, it is all amazing. I painted one wall of my bedroom & my bathroom a robins egg blue & i love it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The light is fabulous! You will enjoy it so much in that room. Glad things are coming along nicely!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I do love the color choice, it just is such a warm cheery color:) The chandy is such a unique touch! Can't wait to see the when it's all completed.

    ReplyDelete
  7. So jealous! Oh, to have an actual laundry room. Mine is in the corner of the basement behind the furnace & water heater. Not much I can do to make it pretty! Enjoy your wonderful laundry room!

    Diane/Ohio

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your room is coming along beautifully! I love the chandelier - nice touch!

    Gail

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the chandelier and the paint color--can"t wait to see more!

    ReplyDelete
  10. The chandelier will definitely add a little zing to your laundry room. Good luck with the floor installation!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I LOVE the chandelier and the wall color! What color did you end up going with? Sorry if you posted it but I couldn't find.

    Thanks!
    Jennifer

    ReplyDelete
  12. I think the color is fabulous, and I love the chandy in the laundry room. Why not?

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow, that's so fab Michelle! I LOVE that you used that chandy, cause I have the same one :) Dragged it back to Dallas from a garage sale while on vacation in San Francisco. The stripes are so awesome, and the turquoise is so refreshing. Great inspiration, I can't wait to see the finished room! xo, Andrea

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love your laundry room!! I love your blog also.
    Roxanne Reinhart

    ReplyDelete
  15. I'll immediately snatch your rss feed as I can not in finding your email subscription link or newsletter service. Do you've any? Kindly allow me recognize in order that I may subscribe. Thanks.
    OMS Larry Green Signature Series Scuba Tech Cave Rec Technical Scuba Diving BC BCD Dive System (45 or 70 lbs lift bladder wing)

    ReplyDelete

Thank You for taking the time to comment! Because of the insane amount of spam comments, I had to stop anonymous comments-sorry for the inconvenience.
Michelle