Monday, October 29, 2012

31 Days With ME:Halloween Tablescape and HI!


 HI!! How have all of you been? I've been doing OK. I'll catch you up to speed on how I'm doing probably tomorrow, but THANK YOU for all the sweet emails and comments I've been reading them all and my heart feels so good because of you all!
Somehow, Halloween snuck up on me, well it didn't sneak, I just wasn't paying attention. I have been planning this tablescape for weeks and I wasn't going to let a little chemotherapy get in my way . :) I thought maybe I'd save it for next year, but nah, I got it done. Planning it out certainly helped. 
First though, I wanted to show you the chalkboard door in the kitchen. Logan and I did some chalkboard art for Halloween. I did a similar spider on the bi-fold doors at the booth, you might remember. Logan did some free form art from his height and below ;) He wrote the word Fall a few times and "I love Fall" towards the bottom (I didn't quite get it in the photo). A kid after my own heart.
 We have had so much fun with this chalkboard door, I highly recommend doing it if you can. This is the door leading to the garage, so it's perfect.


What better way to catch up on my 31 days series than with a tablescape??? I should have done it before chemo, but of course just didn't get around to it...but I had stuff gathered and a plan in my head and knew exactly what I wanted to do. So the weather was cooperating, the sun was shining, it wasn't too windy (it is often VERY windy here), I had some strength...so outside I went.
You know, I think what I like best about doing tablescapes are the centerpieces. I mean there are only so many ways to do a place setting, but you can get really creative with the centerpiece.
I started with two vases. You might remember them from a mantlescape I did a couple of fall seasons ago...I had spray painted them white, but I sprayed them black for a change. You guys know I'm a spray painting fool. Take a look at the vases before HERE.


 While I was at it, I spray painted this little compote too. Tis true, nothing is safe from me and a can of spray paint.
 A dollar store crow perched upon a painted pumpkin, see the painted pumpkin project HERE, did those last year.

 Place settings very simple, vine chargers (Mary Carol Home Collection), White Gibson dinnerware, black napkins, vintage silverware and topped it all off with a splash of orange with a pumpkin I glittered.
 Here is the other vase. This is very simple to recreate. I literally got those branches from a downed tree, and picked up so fallen leaves and put them in the vase, that's it. Spooky looking right? And a side note, that tree in the background just refuses to turn, he's got a brother in the front yard that is completely red but this guy is still green.
A little concrete birdbath made a fun pedestal for the painted pumpkin, and natural excelsior softens around the pumpkin.



 Pumpkin wands and vintage jars, you've probably seen those labels from Martha Stewart a bazillion times, I printed those off a couple of years ago, coffee dyed them and stuck them on a few bottles. Still love them. See how to make the wands HERE.

 Jack-o-lantern luminaries I found at a yard sale...juuuuuust didn't quite make it to the booth this year. :) I actually saw them for sale at Target from Smith and Hawken.
 A two-tiered serving piece that will be going to the booth for Christmas. I found that skeleton hand at Michael's this year.
 Isn't this 3-D glitter candelabra cute? That is from Walmart, but they didn't have anything nearly that cute this year.

 I know it's awfully close to Halloween, but I hope you are inspired! I will talk to you tomorrow and show you pictures from War Eagle Craft Festival. It was a lot of fun but then it was not a lot of fun. I was really crazy to go two days after chemo...but I'll show you tomorrow. See you then.

2011-12-013

20 comments:

  1. It looks fabulous! You thought of everything down to the tiniest detail!

    Take care,

    Trish

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it!!! You definitely have a gift!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the chalkboard door.....awesome spot for it too! Tablescape is gorgeous! Great job! Have a wonderful week.

    ReplyDelete
  4. As always Michelle...just beautiful with amazing photographs. I so love your tablescapes!!
    Have a wonderful week!
    XO Barbara

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the chalkboard door. Wish I could do a table like you. I'm going to try a Thanksgiving one, I better start now. I hope you have a good day.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I was so glad to see your post this morning. I can't believe you are even able to do a tablescape feeling the way you must. I shall continue to pray. I loved this post. So cute. Everything from the Spooky on the chalkboard to the skeleton hand. Carol

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've been thinking of you lots this week! So happy to see your post - I agree - Halloween came sneaking up on me too! Love the tablescape - perfect!
    Sending you lots of love and praying daily for you and your beautiful family. Love, Heather

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have been missing your posts---so glad you're back today! I pray that you will kick cancer's butt and be in perfect health very soon.
    I love your tablescape! You have given me lots of good ideas (as usual). You don't know how many times I've passed by the cardboard candelabras in the store. I thought they were cute, but not very classy for an adult table setting---you proved me wrong :-) I guess it's all about what you put with it. What else did I learn today? Spray paint is your friend!
    Kim

    ReplyDelete
  9. LOVE, LOVE, LOVE your tablescape. And I thought I was the spray paint queen. You are awesome! Hope your feeling better.
    Pam

    ReplyDelete
  10. So glad you are feeling up to doing all these beautiful things! I pinned the chalkboard design, I just adore it!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful! Hope you feel better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thank you for sharing this tablescape today! I'm inspired! :) Lots of your posts have inspired me to do different crafts around the house...and seeing the candy wands and the pumpkin again are giving me more ideas. Awesome blog. I've been reading posts 'backwards' every night. So much great stuff!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Michelle: Great tablescape and that blackboard door is amazing. Sounds like you are having some fun..Happy Monday..Judy

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Michelle, I just wanted to take this time to say that you have really inspired me! I just so happen to stumbled upon your blog from Pinterest a few months back and I was in awe of your talent to bring a room to life! I love your mantle and tablescapes so much that I decided to decorate a bit differently this year. I love the way it all has turned out – so thank you for the ideas! And I hope all is going well with you – you are one tough cookie and truly an inspiration to all!

    ReplyDelete
  15. HI Michelle. I'm so glad you felt up to posting today! Your tablescape is lovely. I look forward to seeing much more of your inspiring work. Hoping and praying that you're getting better every day. Stay strong!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Believe it or not the Dollar Tree carris the candelabra. Last year I got them and they were glittery. This year they have the same thing, just non-glittery.

    Kathleen
    Charm Bracelet Diva {at Home}

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love that chalkboard door! Problem is I am not anywhere near as good at chalk art as you are! The tablescape is so nice--one of the best halloween ones I've seen. At Target they have those 3-d chandeliers with crystals hanging on them. I bet they were cheaper at Walmart! So enjoyed your post. Hope you are feeling well:)

    ReplyDelete
  18. I've been trying to figure out where I can put a big chalk board. Your writing/drawing skills make me quite envious. You are so talented. And that tablescape. Just GORGEOUS!

    ReplyDelete
  19. She's back! YAY!

    Love the table, Michelle. So festive and fun! Great job!

    And I'm still praying for you and your sweet family.

    Barbara

    ReplyDelete
  20. Wow! I loved seeing the posts about your outing and also the great tablescapes! It just looked great how you mixed in new with previous year's things and even use a bit of paint to change things too. Did you get to eat out there with anyone? I hope so. I know tomorrow will be super busy with it being your youngests big day. Keep resting. And resting in The Lord. I keep praying with the trains. For healing. I'm so glad your anti sick med is kinda working.
    About the chalk door. I love it. When I first taught my beautiful on paper handwriting did not carry to the board. I'd have paid you candy to write for me on my chalkboard every day! I sure was glad when whiteboards came out as I could write better on those.
    Hmm. If I were a bit younger? My garage door would be chalkboard for sure!!! Love, Gwen

    ReplyDelete

Thank You for taking the time to comment! Because of the insane amount of spam comments, I had to stop anonymous comments-sorry for the inconvenience.
Michelle