Thursday, August 11, 2011

Changing Artwork To Suit Your Needs

I like to show you different ways of creating and displaying artwork because if you're like me, you just can't go out and buy high dollar art on a whim. A lot of what I do is based around a 'use what you have' mentality and this project is a prime example.


This project was on my left-to-do-list for the master bedroom...one down a few more to go. You remember the inspiration fabric right? I used the fabric to pull paint colors.




I had to do a little of mixing. To get the right color, I started with Canyon Orange and just kept adding red until it was close to Tiger Lily (the color of the coverlet).



So here is the piece. My MIL bought it for me years ago, back when I did a blue and brown palette. It's made from some sort of suede like fabric. It's a great piece and I didn't want to lose it just because I wasn't using blue anymore. It hangs right above one of the dressers and I have a round thingie (you'll see below) that looks great right in front of it.




BEFORE:


AFTER:


I painted out the blue and added a little grey, the rest of the colors were perfect.

So does this give you any ideas? Do you have any pieces of art you can change?

Thanks for stopping by, I hope you're inspired!

Did you miss the progress on the Master Bedroom? Click HERE


The Shabby Nest
















12 comments:

  1. It looks fantastic in the new colours Michelle! You did an amazing job! Angie xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. So creative! I would have NEVER thought to change it...or had the nerve to paint it myself if I had. I am looking around my house this weekend to see what I can get into in my house!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Whoa! Way to use what you have! I'm impressed with how professional it looks. My lines would probably have been all over the place a la a 4 year-old coloring a picture of a mermaid. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a fabulous reuse idea, Michelle! I'm sure it made your M-I-L very happy to see you make the piece over, and keep it.

    I just found your blog, love your ideas, and would like to invite you to join my weekly linky party with your creativity. You can find the party each week by clicking the link in my sidebar. Hope to see you there! ;)

    Liz @ the Brambleberry Cottage
    http://thebrambleberrycottage.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. How cute! What a great idea. Thanks for sharing.
    I love your bedroom! Super Job!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I don't have any artwork to change, but I will totally now be on the lookout for some. How. Awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That is so clever! I love it! now I'm going to be looking around at my stuff differently... hmmm.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Would never have thought of this Michelle. Just gorgeous.

    Would you be so kind to leave a comment on my BLOG ONLY, for the Miracle Makeover fund drive. Charlie, 8 yr. old, & his story are fabulous. Every comment brings us a $1 for the next person that will be sponsored.

    Have a beautiful weekend.
    Hugs,
    TTFN ~
    Marydon

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love it. I recently took a canvas my mom bought me at Hobby Lobby. I primed it white. I then took a pretty piece of tissue paper and wrinkled it up for texture. I decoupaged it to the canvas. I then glazed it and added nail head trim around the edge. Looks great sitting on my mantel!

    ReplyDelete
  10. You are so creative. I love the way you re-purpose things.

    ReplyDelete

Thank You for taking the time to comment! Because of the insane amount of spam comments, I had to stop anonymous comments-sorry for the inconvenience.
Michelle