Thursday, March 10, 2011

At Home Thursday: First Spring Tablescape

I am seeing the promise of spring everywhere I look outside (I'm so ready!) and it inspired me to create a simple spring tablescape. I haven't done a tablescape since before Christmas, and this is the first one since the Kitchen Facelift! With the walls painted Bedford Grey, I love how the yellow tulips look against it, actually every color looks great against this grey!






If you missed how to create the distressed paint finish on the pedestals for yourself, you can check it out here.

I use these wicker chargers often (you know this right? :), I saw a different style recently at Pier 1 and I want to add those to my collection, have you seen those? I opted for chargers and didn't use placemats or a table cloth, keeping it simple.





A very simple centerpiece of yellow tulips in a mod vase that I found at TJ Maxx the other day, these are permanent botanicals, we're not that close to blooming season yet! :)






Yellow dinner plates from Big Lots last year and thrifted tulip bowls and plates. I found the yellow porcelain napkin rings at an unusual place, at Michael's down their 'bargain' aisle, these were 4/$3.00 and they had several colors.






I use the same glassware and flatware often too, I am on the hunt for another set of flatware though, the fork fairies have taken off with a lot of my forks, those stinkers.





I'm really enjoying the pedestal hurricanes, really just about any glass vase used as a candleholder constitutes a hurricane, flowers would look nice too (if I had not already used the tulips). I think a big bouquet of Casablanca lillies would look wonderful, maybe later this Spring.




The little butterfly votives are from Michael's too.










So are you ready for Spring yet? I know I am!






Thank you so much for stopping by, I hope you've been inspired to create a spring tablescape!




Joining Susan





Visit thecsiproject.com


24 comments:

  1. Your tablescape looks so nice and so fresh. I am so ready for spring. Your tulips are gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can feel the warm spring sun just looking at your pretty yellow table. I'm a lover of tulips and your container is perfect for holding them. Your chargers add a nice texture to your table too. Thank you for sharing your pretty spring table.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love that mod white vase with the tulips, it draws you in! You really know how to put a table together girl!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Michelle,

    Beautiful table. Very elegant. I am going to read some of your tutorials. I am also yout newest follower.

    Carol

    ReplyDelete
  5. The yellow tulips in that mod vase are just perfect for this time of year! Thank you for brightening the week with this spring tablescape!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful Spring table Michelle. I love the yellow!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely. Thank you for reminding me of the promise of spring.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very light and sunny! I love it-enjoy:@)

    ReplyDelete
  9. So fresh, bright and screaming of Spring! Yay! Love the pops of yellow and green against your white pieces. The tulips are so refreshing, too. *Becca*

    www.adventuresindecorating1.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love this! It is so pretty with the yellow tulips and yellow plates. Simply beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful!! Love white and yellow! I am SO ready for Spring!! We have been having beautiful weather here in VA!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful table! I LOVE that vase the tulips are in!! Yellow is my favorite color for tables -- so inviting and makes me smile. :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Una mesa especialialmente preciosa y que decirte de esos candelabros que hiciste un cambio espectacular ojala me quedaran a mi asi las cosas no que las empiezo no me gustan y las dejo muertas de risa en un rincon. Por cierto vas a instalar el google traductor en tu blog??

    ReplyDelete
  14. Simple, sweet and classy. I do love the look of your tablescape. What a pretty container those gorgeous tulips are in!
    Thank you very much for stopping by my blog today and leaving a nice comment. :)

    Donna

    ReplyDelete
  15. I adore everything you have done in the remodel! Yours is the only one I've ever loved and I have saved your directions to wish on. Thank you for the time and effort it's taken to share all this with us. God has given you so much talent!!! Enjoy your GORGEOUS new space!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Beautiful spring table...yellow makes me smile. I am in love with that centerpiece!

    ReplyDelete
  17. As usual, I LOVE IT ALL!

    I adore that vase from TJMaxx and those napkin rings!!! I am going to have to add Michaeal's to my weekly stops now!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Your table looks so pretty and I love your table itself with the legs. I cant wait for spring!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Permanent Botanicals!! had me laughing. Perfect term, may i borrow it? Your table is wonderful. Now i want yellow plates. and your pedestals.. still amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  20. This is as beautiful as a sunny day! What a cheerful, beautiful tablescape. ~Denise Cosgrove

    ReplyDelete
  21. How beautiful! I especially like the hurricane with the moss... so Lovely.

    Hope you have a wonderful Monday!
    B.

    That Girl in Pearls

    ReplyDelete
  22. Lovely tablescape..like the green apples sitting in the china cabinet to draw the eye on through the room...well done. Thank you for sharing your charming design. Cherry Kay

    ReplyDelete
  23. Your whole tablescape turned out beautifully, but I especially love the yellow tulips. So happy!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Nothing says Spring like tulips and moss! Also - I have those tulip shaped bowls, too! They were my grandmother's. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank You for taking the time to comment! Because of the insane amount of spam comments, I had to stop anonymous comments-sorry for the inconvenience.
Michelle