Monday, March 21, 2011

Inspiration Monday: Samantha Pynn

Happy Spring!! I hope you had a great weekend. Saturday for us was a rainy messy day, but Sunday could not have been more perfect. I worked on a fun felt flower project that I'll show you later this week. In the mean time, for Inspiration Monday, Samantha Pynn is on deck. I use to watch her show on HGTV, Pure Design, but since giving cable up over a year ago, I'm not sure whether it airs or not. At any rate, she has undeniable style and likes to mix it up a lot. I think that is what really draws me to any certain designer, fearless mixing of styles.

In this room, the shield chairs with the modern table, and vertical blue on the drapery panels...I really like that. The lamps are great too.



I like the mantlescape in this room, I like the round mirror, probably because I use one over the mantel too.






I love the fabric on the chairs in this next room, the coffee table, and the landscapes. Very nice.









Is this divine or what? This green makes my heart sing, combine it with the fantastic floral pillow, and we have a match made in heaven.
On a side note, I'm still having a difficult time selecting fabric for my chair project, I'm really torn on going safe or bold....but looking at this picture makes me want to go bold all the way! So striking, can I just kick in that the photo composititon is excellent too? :)






This is another angle of the same living room as above, love the sofa and the mirrored cubes are so unexpected.


Visit Samantha's website here.

So I just gotta ask, if you feel like giving me your two cents, are you enjoying the Inspiration Monday's? I'd love to hear what you think, although it's ok if you don't want to chime in. I am always right clicking on inspiration photos and saving them into my virtual design file...I thought it would be fun to share.

Have a great day and I'll see you tomorrow.









8 comments:

  1. Michelle: I really like your designer features, especially since you've shown several that are new to me. Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the inspiration! I really love the 2nd photo. Everything about it is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. My favorite is the fabric on the pillow of the green chair...so pretty. I always enjoy your posts, you never disappoint!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love her style. She had a really great show on HGTV that only ran a few times - I don't understand why a wonderful show like this isn't on and they only have HouseHunter, Property Virgins and Designed to Sell. Over it! (Sorry about the rant- this was a gorgeous post!)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh Goodness! I LOVE the fabric on that pillow and chair. I say "Go bold!"

    Enjoyable post, as always!
    Donna

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those green trellis chairs are dreamy! I wish I could commit to something like that!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the inspiration Monday's posts! You are doing a great job. Eye candy is what it is all about and you are providing a lot of it. But I can't believe you gave up cable! Hmmm...I wonder what my life would be without that :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you for featuring a Canadian! I have been following her career for along time. Wonderful work.

    ReplyDelete

Thank You for taking the time to comment! Because of the insane amount of spam comments, I had to stop anonymous comments-sorry for the inconvenience.
Michelle