Monday, March 7, 2011

Inspiration Monday: Palmer Weiss

Happy Monday! I hope everyone had a great weekend. Palmer Weiss, a well known designer, is what is inspiring me today for Inspiration Monday. Based out of San Francisco, she has a wonderful design aesthetic that is a wonderful mix of modern and traditional with a touch of funky thrown in, I really admire that! It's not an easy thing to accomplish, but she does it really well, doesn't she?
I love the lantern above the table here as well as the slip covered chairs. My favorite part, however, is the ornate mirror over the streamlined console, beautiful.
Other notables, the use of garden stools and the trellis fabric on the side chairs.

Now in this room, I am instantly drawn to the orange and interesting coffee table. Other notables, zebra rug and orange details on the furniture.





The chandy here is divine and the grass cloth wall paper creates such a dramatic background for all the white, love it.



Another colorful room, the chevron drapery and I love the upholstery on the chair in the foreground. Other notables, the Foo dogs in a fun color and rams head, and the kitchen looks well done too.



Interesting lighting and wall color draws me here, the green and natural elements are well done.




Ok, another interesting chandy, feeding my lighting fetish, she's a girl after my own heart! Other notables, Chevron runner and green damask fabric on the bench in the eating area.



Check out more of Palmer's portfolio here.
Thanks so much for stopping by, I hope you are inspired by Palmer as much as I am! See you tomorrow for Works For Me Tuesday, I've got a great DIY project to show you, you're gonna love it!










3 comments:

  1. Love the photos! I actually have 2nd and 3rd pic in my inspiration folder. Love all the colors! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. ooo ahhh....I love the blue chair and the zebra throw rug.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I’m always up for a little inspiration! I love the warm funkiness of the second room!

    Kendra aka “Domestic Princess in Training”

    ReplyDelete

Thank You for taking the time to comment! Because of the insane amount of spam comments, I had to stop anonymous comments-sorry for the inconvenience.
Michelle