Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Decorating for Halloween (Part 1)

I love Halloween.



I haven't always decorated for it....but since moving into suburbia, with all the little kiddies that go trick or treating...you can't help but get into all the festivities!



We decorate mostly outside for the trick-or-treaters....But over the years...I have collected some cute things that I like to display in the house.I tend to lean towards the vintage side of Halloween and I don't like things that are too scary.

I hung this glittery owl on the mirror that hangs over my buffet with a suction cup...I used cheesecloth that looks like spider webbing over the mirror for a fun effect and also to help hide the suction cup (even though it is clear)



I know you guys have checked out Martha Stewart's Halloween ideas on her website and I did a version of her candy labels. It was super easy to do, just print out labels and glue to jars. The only thing that I did different, is to coffee stain the labels...I thought it made them look more vintage. I used a few different jars: pickle, mayo, jelly, etc....just some that I had around the house. I would have candy in all of them if I would just stop eating it all! I have a serious addiction to Tootsie Rolls...what's with that? And don't get me started with the candy corn....














I hope you have been inspired! Happy Halloween Decorating!Have a great week!



12 comments:

  1. Halloween awesomeness! I love all of your decorations and creativity! Puts my decorating to shame!

    Thanks for stopping by The Daily Grind!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Halloween is great and we always have lots of fun during the season. Love your decorations. Come over and visit with me to check out some of my decor as well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So cute; love the jars and sayings. I don't like to scary either.

    ReplyDelete
  4. HI Michelle! Oh, your Halloweeness is adorable! I'm like you, I don't like the scary stuff either. Love those old fashioned looking pumpkin men.
    Be a sweetie,
    Shelia ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so adorable!!! I love it all! I want to come trick or treating at your house!!

    Lou Cinda :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are great and you did a wonderful job decorating! Such a unique collection! Thanks for sharing it all.
    All the best,
    Eileen

    ReplyDelete
  7. HI Michelle,
    Oh my, all those Halloween decorations are so cute! I'm going to get mine out in one more week. The cats try to eat the crows, and the dog chases the ghosts - it's a little crazy around here but I decorate anyway! It's fun, isn't it? I totally get what you're saying about the candy - gotta keep it out of here, too!!
    Have a great week, come by for a visit some time.
    XO
    Heidi - Heart and Home

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love your Hallowen decorations. I especially like the jars. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  9. You have some very nice Halloween decorations ..I like Martha Stewart's web site and magazine...always good ideas. Love your photos ..so crystal clear!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I just stopped by to look at this one post...and stayed and stayed... Forgot about my cup of tea and now it it's cold. Oh well, I can just make another.

    I am so glad that you stopped by to vist me and leave a comment. I am now going to follow your every move...

    Yes, I am becoming a "blog stalker".

    ReplyDelete
  11. Dear Michelle,
    Hi there!
    You have the greatest pictures on your blog.
    I want to thank you for becoming a homehaven follower!
    I will enjoying getting to know you better through blogging,
    d from homehaven

    ReplyDelete

Thank You for taking the time to comment! Because of the insane amount of spam comments, I had to stop anonymous comments-sorry for the inconvenience.
Michelle