Tuesday, October 20, 2009

DIY Glittered Spiders




It was a beautiful day today so Justin and I decided to start decorating outside for Halloween. We have a lot of trick-or-treaters and like to do extra special decorating outside.




You know these spiders...they are kinda rubbery and usually come as a pair...I have had used these for several years outside, but I wanted to do something a little different....



So I left Justin outside alone (sorry honey) long enough to get this quick little project started.


First, paint a couple of the little fellas up black

Next, slather them with the tacky glue of your choice


Then, shake a whole mess of glitter on them. Don't forget to do this on a clean sheet of paper so you can easily put the excess glitter back in the bottle.



Gently tap off the excess glitter and let them dry.



After they are dry, one or two hours, you are ready to add some glittery spiders to your decor! I definitely think the glitter takes out the scare factor!

Thanks for stopping in! I hope your inspired!



Blogged for DIY Day @ A Soft Place to Land

Thank You for hosting Kimba!

DIY Day @ ASPTL




14 comments:

  1. My boys were all over this post....'ah cool! let's do that! I want some!' Thanks for the inspiration :o)
    peace.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Quick, easy and oh so good. It's often the things that you don't think of immediately that make the most impact. I might have to find some spiders laying around here to glitterize!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love rolling things in glitter. Great idea! Quick and easy ... those are the best.

    By the way, I love your blog. The photography is fabulous! I'm *this* close to flying you to my house so you can arrange all my stuff. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those are too cute!! I love them with the skull under the cloche....you take great pics too!
    Jane

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yep, the glitter definitely makes them more cutesy than scary. Very cool idea!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, I love it, what a clever idea! Simple and cute, awesome. Stop by for a visit soon.
    Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  7. Who says creepy can't be pretty?! Love that idea.

    ReplyDelete
  8. That is an easy project that turned out great. I'm done for this year, but may look for some after Halloween for next year. Thanks!

    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  9. oh! i love it! i have a black glittery skull my sweet little girl picked out to decorate with! i was surprised but think it is the glitter that got her! i agree, not to scary! i need to go find me some big spiders! thanks for the idea!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Much cooler! A great improvement! Nice job!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Who knew those ugly little spiders could be so fabulous! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Those are great! I LOVE glitter. Those are creepy AND adorable!

    XOX
    Jen

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thank you for the nice comment you left on my blog...your sparkly glitter spiders are too cute.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your photos are always interesting and my little GS would love for me to make some of these. Thanks for the idea.
    Joyce

    ReplyDelete

Thank You for taking the time to comment! Because of the insane amount of spam comments, I had to stop anonymous comments-sorry for the inconvenience.
Michelle